Poldrate Arts & Crafts Centre
- UPDATED STATEMENT ON THE CORONAVIRUS BY POLDRATE ARTS & CRAFTS CENTRE COMMITTEE
In line with recent Government action the committee has agreed an update to our previous response and the closure of PACC buildings for classes has now been brought forward to Friday 20th March.
All outstanding classes are now cancelled.
There will be limited access to the buildings for individuals to allow collection of work and members own equipment. This is of course assuming that any person going into the building does not have symptoms of the virus infection. Being in the building in ones and twos for this purpose and leaving again will meet the guidance on social distancing. The committee request that this is completed by Friday 27th March.
The buildings will then be closed for members access during the summer and until further notice.
We will look at all communication links with our membership and try to keep in touch, but the main information will come through the main website, If you wish to contact the committee, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judith Dunkerley – Acting Chairperson
19th March 2020
- Members Exhibition 2020 – Regrettably this has been cancelled
- Term2 Newsletter
- View the Members Exhibition 2019 online
- Tutors teaching at Poldrate have their own pages which contains all up to date information and a full course list for 2019. Each course listing includes any requirements lists you need to join their classes. There is more information about the tutors, details of their teaching style, and the work you will cover during the term. Also there is a list of what you will need for your first class. Click HERE to go to the tutors pages.
- Childcare – The PACC does not have childcare facilities but if you are planning to enrol in one of our morning classes in the Autumn and are looking for pre-school childcare we would like to draw your attention to the St Mary’s playgroup which meets in the Bridge Centre adjacent to the Poldrate Granary and Mill. St Mary’s Playgroup meets in the Bridge Centre, during school term time. Playgroup runs from 10am to 11.45am, and Contact person is Susie Winter 07999451903
Poldrate Arts & Crafts Centre, located in Haddington in the wonderful Elizabeth Hamilton Buildings, offers a wide variety of arts and crafts classes and self-help groups for adults (16+ year olds).
Classes are affordable, small and friendly and accommodate a range of abilities. It’s a great place to meet other people interested in arts and crafts and spend time improving your skills, learning a new craft or just enjoying time doing something different.
PACC is run by volunteers. Classes take place in the Poldrate buildings which the Lamp of Lothian Trust allows us to use. Our total running costs are partly covered by the class fees that we charge so we are always needing to fund-raise.